How much do you know about dementia?
- Every three minutes someone is diagnosed with dementia in the UK
- Dementia isn’t a natural part of ageing
- There are more than 100 known types of dementia
- Dementia is not just about memory loss
- We can all play a part in supporting a person with dementia to live wel
This CPD will give you a greater understanding of dementia and how you can adapt the exercise session for people living with dementia.
The aims of this CPD are to:
- Improve your understanding of the different types and the effects of dementia
- Improve your understanding of the different symptoms, diagnosis and treatments for dementia
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of exercise for people living with dementia
- Gain an understanding of the different ways you can adapt exercises to suit people living with dementia
- Improve your knowledge and confidence to help people living with dementia to be more active – physically and socially
- ensure you work within your scope of practice and know when to refer to a health professional for further information or support
The afternoon session will be practical, looking at ways to progress, regress and adapt exercises and activities for people living with dementia. You will be asked to demonstrate exercises from the FABS Training Programme, or from the exercise programme you are qualified to teach. Although this is not a formal assessment, we do encourage observation, peer support and discussion.
Birmingham, The Studio – Saturday 13th April 2024
Online – Saturday 8th June 2024
Birmingham, The Studio – Saturday 21st September 2024
Online – Saturday 12th October 2024
The training day is 10am-4pm.
For the online CPD day, we will use Zoom (please check your system requirements here) to deliver these CPDs so you will require a stable internet connection. Please read the requirements for completing your practical CPD online here. By booking an online date, you’re accepting you will meet the requirements outlined.
Please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear to participate – trainers are recommended.
Please note, CPD bookings are non-refundable. By booking onto the CPD, you agree to these terms and conditions.