About 14 million people live with bladder problems in the UK yet over half do not (or have never done) pelvic floor exercises and have not sought help from a medical professional. Lots of people with incontinence and pelvic floor problems are afraid to leave the house leading to social isolation. Yet many pelvic floor issues can be managed or fixed with the right information and support.
This CPD aims to enhance the knowledge of fitness professionals about the crucial aspect of pelvic floor health. In this CPD we will delve into the role of the pelvic floor, identify clients at high risk of pelvic floor problems, recognise signs and symptoms indicating pelvic floor issues, explore exercises that can potentially harm the pelvic floor, and discover pelvic floor-safe exercises. Additionally, we’ll guide you on where to find further information, support, and advice to empower you and your clients in achieving optimal pelvic floor health.
The aims of this CPD are to:
- To be able to identify clients at high risk of pelvic floor problems.
- To be able to inform clients to recognise signs and symptoms indicative of pelvic floor dysfunction, fostering early detection and intervention.
- To improve awareness of exercises to avoid and provide pelvic floor safe alternatives.
- To empower fitness professionals to integrate pelvic floor-safe exercises into routines and promote a holistic and safe approach to fitness training.
- To raise awareness about the importance of pelvic floor health and signpost clients to relevant resources and healthcare professionals.
- To understand the anatomy, function, and significance of the pelvic floor in overall health and fitness.
Online – 16th March 2024 (SOLD OUT)
Online – 27th April 2024
Milton Keynes, National Badminton Centre – Saturday 6th July 2024
Birmingham, The Studio – Saturday 21st September 2024
The training day is 10am-4pm.
For the online CPD day, we will use Zoom (please check your system requirements here) to deliver these CPDs so you will require a stable internet connection. Please read the requirements for completing your practical CPD online here. By booking an online date, you’re accepting you will meet the requirements outlined.
Please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear to participate – trainers are recommended.
Please note, CPD bookings are non-refundable. By booking onto the CPD, you agree to these terms and conditions.