42% of over 55s are inactive, which is approximately 6.5 million people at risk of becoming sarcopenic. The effects of sarcopenia is estimated to cost the NHS £2.5 billion per year!
But what is sarcopenia, how does it impact on daily life and what can you do about it?
Find out the answers to these questions and many more in our new CPD workshop for 2020: Understanding Sarcopenia.
This one-day CPD has been designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to fully understand sarcopenia and how to combat it! After a mixed day of theory and practical you’ll leave with greater confidence to help your class members live stronger for longer.
Key topics covered:
- What is sarcopenia?
- Who does it impact, why and how?
- What can you do about it?
- Basic muscle mechanics, anatomy and physiology
- Practical delivery of strengthening exercises
- How to build progressive strength training routines
Online – 22nd August 2020
The training is day is 10am-3pm.