Better Balance – reducing the risk of falls
If you work with older people you will inevitably know someone who has had a fall and seen how this often affects their confidence, mobility and ability to get out and about to socialise. Preventing falls is a priority for the NHS as they lead to over 4 million bed days a year at a cost of over £2billion year.
- every minute, six people over 65 suffer a fall
- one in three adults over 65 who live at home will have at least one fall a year
- falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over
- falls are the main cause of disability and the leading cause of death from injury among people aged over 75 in the UK
- over a million falls could be prevented by using the right exercises
This workshop aims to improve your understanding of:
- the risk factors for falls
- the implications of falls on individuals, their families and organisations
- the importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
- frailty and the vital role of muscle strengthening and balance training
- what to do in the event of a fall
- referring into falls prevention programmes
The training is day is 10am-3pm.
Comments from past attendees include:
“Super day! Very informative, inspiring and fun!”
“Loads of new ideas for my classes”
“Great to meet other instructors and swap ideas”
Essex, Great Baddow – Saturday 26th October 2024
The training day is 10am-4pm.
For the online CPD day, we will use Zoom (please check your system requirements here) to deliver these CPDs so you will require a stable internet connection. Please read the requirements for completing your practical CPD online here. By booking an online date, you’re accepting you will meet the requirements outlined.
Please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear to participate – trainers are recommended.
Please note, CPD bookings are non-refundable. By booking onto the CPD, you agree to these terms and conditions.