Better balance workshop
Better Balance – reducing the risk of falls
If you work with older people you will inevitably know someone who has had a fall and seen how this often affects their confidence, mobility and ability to get out and about to socialise. Preventing falls is a priority for the NHS as they lead to over 4 million bed days a year at a cost of over £2billion year.
- every minute, six people over 65 suffer a fall
- one in three adults over 65 who live at home will have at least one fall a year
- falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over
- falls are the main cause of disability and the leading cause of death from injury among people aged over 75 in the UK
- over a million falls could be prevented by using the right exercises
This workshop aims to improve your understanding of:
- the risk factors for falls
- the implications of falls on individuals, their families and organisations
- the importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
- frailty and the vital role of muscle strengthening and balance training
- what to do in the event of a fall
- referring into falls prevention programmes
The training is day is 10am-3pm.
Comments from past attendees include:
"Super day! Very informative, inspiring and fun!"
"Loads of new ideas for my classes"
"Great to meet other instructors and swap ideas"
Birmingham - 7th September 2019
Leeds - 2nd November 2019
Please click on the below links for more information on the location venues: